20 articles in this collection.
Written by Veethi Telang
How to Run your MemberFactory Site on your Own Domain
- What is MemberFactory?
- Getting Started – Creating Your First Membership Site
- Your Membership Site Structure: Membership Plans, Categories, and Content
- Your Membership Site’s Structure: Membership Plans
- Your Membership Site’s Structure: Categories
- Your Membership Site’s Structure: Content
- How to Manually Add a Member to Your Membership Site
- Site Management: Adding Static Pages and Customizing Your Site’s Menu
- Site Management: How to Edit MemberFactory’s Default Email Templates
- Site Management: How to Customize Your Membership Site using Site Designer
- Site Management: How to Customize Your Members’ Checkout Experience using Checkout Designer
What’s the point of starting your own membership site if you can’t give it your own brand name? Every digital creator deserves that, don’t they? In MemberFactory, changing the default site URL – yoursitename.site.invanto.com – is a supremely easy process. Just keep a custom domain handy, and that’s pretty much all we need from your side.
So, say, you’ve registered a custom domain on a domain registrar and web hosting company. Now, all you need to do is, map the default membership site you’ve just created to that new domain, and you’re set!
Allow us to show you just how simple this process really is. As in the previous tutorials, we’ll take our dummy site – The Hulk Fitness – as an example.
We start by selecting Domain Mapping from the More drop-down menu on our MemberFactory sales dashboard.
Clicked? Here we are on the Domain Mapping screen:
In this field, we add the domain we’d like to replace our MemberFactory site’s default url (thehulkfitness.site.invanto.com) with.
Say, you’ve bought and registered a domain by the name which has no mention of MemberFactory. So, all you need to do is, enter that domain here in the field, and click on the big green Verify & Save button.
In case you haven’t created a CNAME record for your site in your domain settings, do it right away or you won’t be able to proceed with the mapping. It should take up to 24 hours for the DNS to propagate changes on the Internet.
Once it’s done, you’ll be able to Verify and Save your domain here, and successfully map it to MemberFactory instantly.
Now that you’ve successfully verified and saved your domain on this page, our efficient system will automatically issue and install an SSL certificate for your domain within 24 hours. The next thing you know, your brand new site will be accessible using a secure protocol https.
It’s really this simple to start running your MemberFactory site on your own domain! So, book a personal domain right away, and follow the afore-mentioned steps to personalize your journey. In case of any hiccups, reach out to our support heroes, as always.