7 articles in this collection.
Written by Veethi Telang
What is ConsentUp?
With the dawn of the Internet came a surge of users, one after the other.
These users capitalized on and made sense of the power in front of them, and used it to build a business (Google, Facebook, or Amazon, anyone?).
But… just like any business, they needed clients to buy their products/services. After all, how else could they expect to make profits?
What many of these users didn’t know is that, in exchange for their products/services, they were receiving a truckload of client data. Data that, if it fell into the wrong hands, could become the bane of any client’s existence.
The truth is, personal data is being commodified on a daily basis right in front of you. And your customers, until now might not have had the slightest clue about it. Until now, your customers may have happily been giving away their name, email, contact information, and many other personal details to you and other sellers or business owners.
So, who will guarantee the customers’ security?
Enter General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on May 2018. This regulation forced all EU businesses to review and refine their data protection standards, and regulate the usage of personal data as a commodity.
After all, data privacy is the right of every individual! With GDPR, the citizens of EU can now control their personal data, and the ways it is acquired and processed. They even have the ability to opt their data out any time they want.
But, if you thought GDPR didn’t affect businesses outside of EU, you couldn’t be more wrong. Businesses in the US may get affected by the same regulation starting 2020, and other countries are soon likely to follow.
The real question is – Is your business ready to be GDPR compliant?
Businesses which are non-compliant to the GDPR are subject to fines of up to €20 million, or 4% of their global yearly turnover, whichever is higher. Now that, is an intimidating amount of fine for any business!
Allow ConsentUp to handle your sea of paperwork for you! Just create a set of policies and documents that ensure that you and your clients involved are well aware of the expectations associated with the business, and manage it all from our flagship data privacy and management tool.
With ConsentUp, you can save on the time, energy, and effort it takes to:
- keep user consents and privacy preferences in one place
- create, store, and keep your mandatory policies up-to-date
- collect, record, manage and store user consents and revocations
- make sure you’re compliant with all data protection and privacy laws
- Consent Collection: Create separate content for each purpose: newsletter opt-outs, product sales, mandatory policy agreements and more. Decide when you want each consent to appear and see how they are going to look like for any of your Invanto apps.
- Policy Mapping: Map relevant policy documents to any site with just a few clicks - just select a policy from the dropdown and add to your site.
- Consent Management: Overview the details of any policy or consent you have created. See the number of accepted docs and specific consents and revocations by individual users.
- Business Continuity: Track policy changes and earlier versions to keep all the data at hand when you need it.